A shirt is an indispensable piece of garment for men! A well-fitted shirt can instantly transform a playful boy into a handsome gentleman. This humble shirt has a long yet interesting history! Shirts were originally worn as undergarments under the coats. It was considered offensive for men to show off their shirts in public until the Eighteenth Century. Later, men were allowed to wear shirts, but the classic whites were restricted to the elite class of society. There are many more engrossing facts of Men’s shirt to know about. Read on to gear up on your knowledge, along with exploring some of the latest shirts for men.
Importance Of Shirts In Men’s Fashion:
Shirts are necessary to cover the upper part of a man’s body. They are tailored to suit the male physique and come in a variety of fits. Men’s dress shirts are important to look professional in a work environment and create a formal look. They also a comfortable alternative to the heavy coats and outer garments. You can dress up or dress down with a shirt by simply changing the way it is worn and styled!
Features Of Shirts:
Take a look into some of the noteworthy features of a shirt:
- Shirts come in many styles and patterns to suit various occasions
- Dress shirts and oxford shirts are considered to appropriate for formal wear
- A typical shirt comprises of a collar, a placket, Cuff, back yoke, box pleats and darts for a neat fit
- For cater to different body types, shirts are designed in a slim fit, regular, skin fit and baggy style
- The sleeve options available in the shirt are full sleeves, three-fourths, half-length for men
How To Choose The Best Material And Fabric For Men’s Shirts?
The process of zeroing in on a shirt starts with picking the right fabric. Read to know more about the best shirt materials for men:
- Shirt fabrics are available in single ply and two-ply, depending on the number of yarns that go into making a single thread
- Two-ply fabrics are considered to be much superior to single ply, in terms of durability and strength
- They are smoother, finer and also have a luxurious feel
- Also, it is recommended to go with fabrics that have a high thread count.
- Along with the thread count parameter, it is also important to consider the type of weave to avoid wrinkles
- Cotton, Linen and Lycra blend Cotton are the best shirting materials for men’s clothing
How To Choose The Right Shirt Fit For Your Body Type?
A well-fitted shirt alone can make a difference in your look. No matter how expensive a shirt is, if the fit is not right, it’s simply not for you! Follow these hacks to learn how to select the right fit:
- Before buying a shirt, it is always important to try it out
- Wear the shirt properly and button it to know the exact measurements
- The seam of the shirt should meet at the corner of your shoulder bone
- You should be able to glide in two fingers into the collar after it is closed
- The armholes should be comfortable – neither too tight, not too loose
- The sleeves should glide easily in a natural flow
- The waist part should not reveal a lot of fabric or be too tight to pull away from your buttons
- The sleeve should be 1 inch beyond your wrist bone to ensure a neat look